Just heard that CWYT, Co. Wexford Youth Theatre, is to receive a Young Ensembles Award from the Arts Council for the fourth time. The project is pretty wonderful and necessary and provoking and a force for good/ change/ a wake up call and I am fortunate enough - and excited to be - the playwright they've invited to devise and create the script.
The subject, chosen by the young actors in the company, is one they feel needs to be addressed and urgently, that of teen suicide. Working title is The Elephant in the Room. The statistics are scary; the truth behind each death is scarier still. The young people in this company (aged 13-16) know there has to be a way to convince their peers that suicide and self harm is NOT the solution.
That things can get better.
That there are other options.
Options that leave you alive to enjoy your future.
This is the chance to create a powerful, memorable piece of theatre that really has something to say and, though it sounds corny, I have been gifted a chance to try to make a difference.
- HOME PAGE
- MY WRITING CREDITS, TO DATE
- MY BOOKS: Dad's Red Dress and others
- Dad's Red Dress
- TEACHING/ CONSULTANCY CREDITS
- DAVID MAMET - ON TV WRITING
- BARZAKH - enjoying the Festival Circuit
- GILL DENNIS - TIPS FROM A MASTER
- WULFIE....the series
- PUNKY... International Award Winner!
- CREATIVES IN ANIMATION NETWORK
- ALL THUMBS: "Weird, creepy, hilarious..."
- THEATRE CREDITS
- GAMES/ APPS.... An exciting new writing field!
- FRIED EGGS; Dublin, Galway, London