- TEACHING CREDITS
· Visual Storytelling: 3 x 1.5 hour courses in Kildare libraries, 2017· Limerick College of Art and Design, 2016. One day masterclass on creating and writing animation and short films.
- Script and creative consultant, tutor and guest lecturer, speaker on a range of writing, animation and screenwriting subjects throughout Ireland. Also mentor and consultant on a range of projects with freelance writers and creators.
- Screenwriting masterclasses at Cúirt, the International Festival of Literature in Galway, 2017
- Screenwriter-in-Residence at Maynooth University and Kildare County Council Arts & Library Services 2016-7.
- Animation workshops for Colaiste Dhulaigh and Ballyfermot College of Further Education
- Dundalk Institute of Technology, 2017. Provided screenwriting webinar workshops as part of their Higher Diploma (Science) in 3D Computer Animation (2017)
- Genedendhal Film School (South Africa, 1998). Designed and delivered the Screenwriting Module.
- UCC, 2015. Designed and ran writing masterclass on interactive narrative fiction for MA Fiction degree.
- UCD: Designed and run screenwriting and other courses (Mass Communication theory, Dramatic Communication, Creative Writing) for UCD, 1995-2006.
- Scriptwriting Tutor across Broadcast Media, Media Production and Media courses, Liberties College, Dublin (2004/ 2005).
- E-rom company: Designed and ran a two-day workshop on character development and dialogue, to be rolled out then by staff.
- Filmbase, 2000-to date. Designed and run an Introduction to Screenwriting course as well as the screenwriting module on the nine-week course. .
- Run the Screenwriting course for Years 1-3 in Liberties College, 2005-6
- Screenwriting masterclases at writing festivals in Rathmines and Waterford.
- Jury member for the Irish Film & Television Academy 2015, 2016
- Moderated key sessions at the Digital Biscuit conference run by the Screen Director’s Guild of Ireland, 2013, 2015 and for the Irish Film & Television Academy (2017).
- IFI: Panel member (animation) twice.
- Script reader and consultant and reader for Filmbase, BBC NI, Irish Film Board, individual writers and private production companies.
- Script reader for BBC NI and Irish Film Board and Filmbase.
- Lecturer, Mass Communication Theory, PR Institute of Ireland, UCD (1996/7).
· Internship, Asst Script Editor, Granada Television, Children’s Drama Dept (1998).
Masters Degree in Screenwriting for Film and Television: Northern School of Film &
Television,Leeds Metropolitan University: 1998/99.
BA Communication Studies, Dublin City University,1983-6,
Writing Animation Course/ Screen Training Ireland, 2003
Moonstone Screenlabs, Wales, 2002
Scholarship, Gregory Peck Film School 1993. Graduated with AA distinction: 1993.
Various Screentraining Ireland courses including Pitching, Creative Thinking, Thrillers and on animation, production etc.
JOURNALISM CREDITS (1983 to 1997)
Freelance feature writer, columnist, editor, sub editor, travel, news and wine journalist. Clients included Irish Times, Sunday Times, Sunday Business Post, Irish Press group, Independent group, plus several in Australia, US and UK.
Finalist Sunday Observer Young Travel Writer 1991.