... of George Farquhar, playwright, lover and actor. Words by me, performance by Stephen Bradley, the Derry-born actor.
The reading of A Fresh Gale and Cold Chicken happens this Sunday at 5pm sharp in Smock Alley - The Boy's School for those of you who want to come.
I'm getting nervous now, but the excited sort, which is good. It's a return to my first love as a writer and it seems the stage and I have been apart far too long, by virtue of me getting lured into the sinewy world of TV/ film scriptwriting.
In 1997, Trade Me A Dream ran for two weeks in the Focus Theatre, which has just reopened. In addition, a reading of Fur Doesn't Hurt took place with Andrew Bennett in the lead role in The Abbey before winning at the Cork Arts Theatre festival later that year - as had Trade Me... in '96. 13 years is a long time. We will make it an evening to remember!
For those of you coming along, we'll see you there. If you're early, there's a lovely coffee shop just opposite the entrance called Piccolo's. Great coffee.
- HOME PAGE
- MY WRITING CREDITS, TO DATE
- MY BOOKS: Dad's Red Dress and others
- Dad's Red Dress
- TEACHING/ CONSULTANCY CREDITS
- DAVID MAMET - ON TV WRITING
- BARZAKH - enjoying the Festival Circuit
- GILL DENNIS - TIPS FROM A MASTER
- WULFIE....the series
- PUNKY... International Award Winner!
- CREATIVES IN ANIMATION NETWORK
- ALL THUMBS: "Weird, creepy, hilarious..."
- THEATRE CREDITS
- GAMES/ APPS.... An exciting new writing field!
- FRIED EGGS; Dublin, Galway, London