Let's get this network growing and rustling in the wind:
The Creatives in Animation Network is open to writers and animators interested in collaborating.
There are currently about 60 members. We've just had our 4th meeting and the purpose of the meetings is to meet n greet informally and make contact. Pitching comes later in the conversation, the point is to get talking but the germs may be planted!
If you attend a meeting and have no objection, your name is added to the group email and you are welcome along to any further meeting. There's is also a LinkedIn Group (Creatives In Animation Network) that anyone can join if they match the above criteria.
The idea of both groups is that members can contact each other independently to arrange to meet for coffee with other members and see if they might work together either on a specific project or maybe to create something new out of the ether. Or they can post up information of jobs, invite members to look at a project idea and get in touch if it interest. It's up to you.
And the more we have in the group, the more interesting it gets.
Just to give you a taste, so far we have animation producers and directors, storyboard artists, animators working in 2D, 3D, 3.5D, games, cross-platform and traditional media and illustrators, established animation writers and creators of animation series, award winning screenwriters, writers of children's books, tv series and theatre. All wanting to create.
The next meeting of the group should be around the time of Cartoon Finance (Nov 12-14).
NB The Creatives in Animation Network (CAN) was founded in January 2012. It is an independent group that welcomes writers and animators interested in collaborating. At some stage. Even if not now!
- HOME PAGE
- Dad's Red Dress... on Amazon and in its first bookshop
- THEATRE CREDITS
- MY WRITING CREDITS, TO DATE
- PUNKY... International Award Winner!
- WULFIE....the series
- WULFIE ANIMATION Ltd
- CREATIVES IN ANIMATION NETWORK
- THE PERFECT MAN
- GAMES/ APPS.... An exciting new writing field!
- GILL DENNIS - TIPS FROM A MASTER
- TEACHING/ CONSULTANCY CREDITS
- BARZAKH - enjoying the Festival Circuit
- DAVID MAMET - ON TV WRITING
- SALT ON OUR SKIN
- MONKEY PUZZLE TREE
- BY MR FARQUHAR - stage play
- CANDLEMIST... the journey of my new book
- FRIED EGGS - London April 2017, Galway June 2016, Dublin August 2015
- FUR DOESN'T HURT
- All Thumbs/ Feb 29- March 12 2016