Friday 6 September 2013

My feature script, PIGPEN makes Goldmine Quarter Finals

PIGPEN just made it into the quarter finals of the Screenwriting Goldmine Awards in the UK. (http://awards.screenwritinggoldmine.com/quarter-finalists-2013)

I haven't entered a competition in ages so I'd forgotten how wonderful it feels to see your name on the list! It's my only blockbuster feature too - a nasty, violent prison-breakout movie script... Those of you who have known me for a long time will remember when it began. It has a long history, this particular script.

Meanwhile, signed the option and am working on a rewrite of another feature we're hoping to make next Spring - really exciting but I don't want to say much until the funding's in place... Only that it's lovely to rewrite a script not because someone thinks it should go in a different direction but because someone who is raising money and determined to make it wants to make it easier to film in a practical way. I'm actually enjoying the process, having not looked at the script for a year.

Also, development on my next animation series, WULFIE continues apace with Mipcom looming. The artist Aaron Blecha (http://www.monstersquid.com/) is doing the concepts which are really lovely and Sponge Bob headwriter Steven Banks has joined the creative team. I'm developing the series with Monster Entertainment.

And my next stage play, BY MR FARQUHAR, opens in less than three weeks in Derry. (http://resurrectinggeorgefarquhar.blogspot.ie/) They're shooting a trailer/ teaser on Monday - excited to see it and it will be great to have something tangible to share.

Turning into an interesting year!

No comments:

Post a Comment