Thursday 7 September 2017

Culture Night cometh... 22nd Sept

I'm not sure why Culture Night is always on a Friday evening, rather than over the course of a whole weekend day. It's impossible to get to half of the events that you want to see or hear but the buzz around those you didn't make it to see is always huge!

This year's a little different for me. I've been asked to read from Dad's Red Dress in Galway (Charlie's Bookshop, in a slot somewhere between 6 and 7pm) and then in Celbridge's Kildrought Lounge (near the library) in a slot somewhere between 9 and 10pm.

What happens to my muse when there are not chocolate biscuits
 around and I've been editing for too long.
I've never been asked to take part in Culture Night events before and I am chuffed to skinny bits.

I'm also munching into a chocolate shortcake biscuit I've been saving all afternoon while composing letters to libraries. It is seriously good biscuit. The sort that makes you feel there should be a Chocolate Shortcake Biscuit Night, where we all wander around our respective towns and cities and tap our chocolate biscuits against each in celebration of creativity, which is often fed by chocolate bribes such as these.

First, I just need to get my daughter off to UCC and into the next exciting phase of her life - do any of you envy your children heading off on these adventures? New people, new accommodation without any of the debris of a lifetime, all those new potential friends and activities.


Musing on the review she will write...

Holiday reading, even for a
city cow..
... or a parrot


No comments:

Post a Comment