Tuesday 2 July 2019

Dublin Comic Arts Festival - table 42!

Excited to be exhibiting at my first Dublin Comic Arts Festival this coming Saturday, July 6th. It's in the Chocolate Factory at 26 Kings Inn Street (right behind the cinema complex on Parnell Street) , first floor - above the lovely Blás Cafe - from 11-4.

I've been to a handful over the past year and they are always hives of activity - so much talent, so many different styles, so many interesting artists, animators, illustrators and writers to talk to, plus a live model to draw.

I took up art again a couple of years ago now.  Originally, I wanted to learn how to draw the characters I create with words.

I quickly discovered that I don't have that skill, but I also discovered that art can come from doodles...Doodles can even be art...and I've had work in three exhibitions since in Dublin and Cork.

I'm hoping to launch my new colouring book at the event, but I'll also have prints & cards - I've a new series of chakra-inspired trees, bookmarks (see below) and I might even have my novels nearby, in case anyone wants one!







@dublincomicarts @LindsayJSedgwick www.lindsayjsedgwick.com

No comments:

Post a Comment