Just came across this competition via Lucy Vee on LinkedIn called Green Light. It's for ten minute scripts, max 5 characters, one location and they guarantee production of the winner, after they've optioned it for £500. The Early Bird deadline is May 1st and entry by then is £15.
I hadn't come across it before but it might be worth a shot? Apparently it is an annual writers award - I think they changed their name this year - which is hosted by the London Screenwriters’ Festival and open to all writers across the globe.
They say the primary goal of the award "is to assist writers by guaranteeing that their work is produced. We do this by purchasing the option on the winning script (£500 / $800 approx) and actually making it with an award winning team of professional film makers and actors".
They also provide professional script development prior to production as well as setting up a lunch with the winner and a top industry literary agent (UK based so if you can't make it, you can do it by phone). The winner also receives a free ticket to the London Screenwriters Festival 2011 (valued at £300).
Might be worth a shot?
The url is, and yes I know it's massive!!: http://www.linkedin.com/news?viewArticle=&articleID=350022389&gid=2902715&type=member&item=42052711&articleURL=http://t.co/wiySxe0&urlhash=BFis&goback=.gde_2902715_member_42052711
- HOME PAGE
- MY WRITING CREDITS, TO DATE
- MY BOOKS: Dad's Red Dress and others
- Dad's Red Dress
- TEACHING/ CONSULTANCY CREDITS
- DAVID MAMET - ON TV WRITING
- BARZAKH - enjoying the Festival Circuit
- GILL DENNIS - TIPS FROM A MASTER
- WULFIE....the series
- PUNKY... International Award Winner!
- CREATIVES IN ANIMATION NETWORK
- ALL THUMBS: "Weird, creepy, hilarious..."
- THEATRE CREDITS
- GAMES/ APPS.... An exciting new writing field!
- FRIED EGGS; Dublin, Galway, London