On the 28th of April, courtesy of the Dublin Lord Mayor, Down Syndrome Ireland and RTE will launch the series I created, PUNKY.
No idea which celebrity will be cajoled into doing the honours but it will be an historic affair. The first mainstream animation series, as far as all my research could uncover, that has ever given the main role to a lovely little character who happens to have special needs. And the episodes are gorgeous... with Aimee Richardson bringing Punky beautifully to life.
The series will begin its airing on May 2nd on RTE Jnr. I have the champagne ready and the bottle of Jameson primed -- though seems a little odd to be celebrating the arrival of a pre-school series with hard liquor!
- HOME PAGE
- MY WRITING CREDITS, TO DATE
- MY BOOKS: Dad's Red Dress and others
- Dad's Red Dress
- TEACHING/ CONSULTANCY CREDITS
- DAVID MAMET - ON TV WRITING
- BARZAKH - enjoying the Festival Circuit
- GILL DENNIS - TIPS FROM A MASTER
- WULFIE....the series
- PUNKY... International Award Winner!
- CREATIVES IN ANIMATION NETWORK
- ALL THUMBS: "Weird, creepy, hilarious..."
- THEATRE CREDITS
- GAMES/ APPS.... An exciting new writing field!
- FRIED EGGS; Dublin, Galway, London