On the 28th of April, courtesy of the Dublin Lord Mayor, Down Syndrome Ireland and RTE will launch the series I created, PUNKY.
No idea which celebrity will be cajoled into doing the honours but it will be an historic affair. The first mainstream animation series, as far as all my research could uncover, that has ever given the main role to a lovely little character who happens to have special needs. And the episodes are gorgeous... with Aimee Richardson bringing Punky beautifully to life.
The series will begin its airing on May 2nd on RTE Jnr. I have the champagne ready and the bottle of Jameson primed -- though seems a little odd to be celebrating the arrival of a pre-school series with hard liquor!
- HOME PAGE
- Dad's Red Dress... on Amazon and in its first bookshop
- THEATRE CREDITS
- MY WRITING CREDITS, TO DATE
- PUNKY... International Award Winner!
- WULFIE....the series
- WULFIE ANIMATION Ltd
- CREATIVES IN ANIMATION NETWORK
- THE PERFECT MAN
- GAMES/ APPS.... An exciting new writing field!
- GILL DENNIS - TIPS FROM A MASTER
- TEACHING/ CONSULTANCY CREDITS
- BARZAKH - enjoying the Festival Circuit
- DAVID MAMET - ON TV WRITING
- SALT ON OUR SKIN
- MONKEY PUZZLE TREE
- BY MR FARQUHAR - stage play
- CANDLEMIST... the journey of my new book
- FRIED EGGS - London April 2017, Galway June 2016, Dublin August 2015
- FUR DOESN'T HURT
- All Thumbs/ Feb 29- March 12 2016