My play, Salt on Our Skin, will be on as part of the Collaborations 13 Festival organised by the Jack Burdell Experience theatre company which will run from Feb 22 - March 9. It's a great festival with 31 shows of all sorts but you can read more about it here at the festival's FundIt site. (http://www.fundit.ie/project/jb-collaborations-2013)
There are full length plays but also recurring one hour shows featuring three (or even more, depending on their length) short plays, one of which will include my own, directed by Antoinette Duffy.
I really REALLY hope you can make it along! It will be nearly 14 years since I last had a play performed!
SALT ON OUR SKIN... What it's about...
Eve needs to tell her lover something he really doesn’t want to hear. But how do you make someone understand what it means to be losing your eyesight gradually? To know that soon, even if she still dreams in colour, she will wake up to a black and white world? She decides to take him behind her eyes so that he will understand how it feels and she does this with a lyrical epiphany of a letter – to her lover, to life and to colour. The play was inspired by and is dedicated to a friend, Tanvir Bushe.
The Festival's Fundit Account has just gone LIVE! The target overall is €6000 in six weeks but with the number of people involved and if each of us has a few friends - yeah, it can be doubtful! - who donate a fiver, then apparently we will make it. Here's the link below;
- HOME PAGE
- MY WRITING CREDITS, TO DATE
- MY BOOKS: Dad's Red Dress and others
- Dad's Red Dress
- TEACHING/ CONSULTANCY CREDITS
- DAVID MAMET - ON TV WRITING
- BARZAKH - enjoying the Festival Circuit
- GILL DENNIS - TIPS FROM A MASTER
- WULFIE....the series
- PUNKY... International Award Winner!
- CREATIVES IN ANIMATION NETWORK
- ALL THUMBS: "Weird, creepy, hilarious..."
- THEATRE CREDITS
- GAMES/ APPS.... An exciting new writing field!
- FRIED EGGS; Dublin, Galway, London