Somehow this week I have put myself in a position where I am writing two new shorts (animated - one about a fly, sort of, the other about cosmic but physically-produced 'wind'), adapting another (animated) and re-imagining a stage play into a live action short. All original and all utterly different in tone and style.
For example, in terms of styles I'm writing non-narratively but lyrically on one, telling a modern fable in another, diving into the depths of 80s films about martial arts and, finally, returning either to the world inside a beard or a commune of sky-diving octogenarians.
I'm sure this week wasn't meant to be this interesting or this varied -- I am actually trying to finish a final edit of a book for young teens - but how wonderful and exhausting that it is!
And thank god/ the universe/ cosmic powers and maybe the training I got as a freelance journo for 13 years, I can write fast. (I can also procrastinate at fiendishly sophisticated levels of slothfulness but maybe that's my evil twin in productivity terms?)
Today was a '3' day - if you're into numerology, that basically means a very creative day - so I dived in. And I think it works, most of it.
Now to work out how to raise money to put on a play next October - any ideas?!
- HOME PAGE
- Dad's Red Dress... on Amazon and in its first bookshop
- THEATRE CREDITS
- MY WRITING CREDITS, TO DATE
- PUNKY... International Award Winner!
- WULFIE....the series
- WULFIE ANIMATION Ltd
- CREATIVES IN ANIMATION NETWORK
- THE PERFECT MAN
- GAMES/ APPS.... An exciting new writing field!
- GILL DENNIS - TIPS FROM A MASTER
- TEACHING/ CONSULTANCY CREDITS
- BARZAKH - enjoying the Festival Circuit
- DAVID MAMET - ON TV WRITING
- SALT ON OUR SKIN
- MONKEY PUZZLE TREE
- BY MR FARQUHAR - stage play
- CANDLEMIST... the journey of my new book
- FRIED EGGS - London April 2017, Galway June 2016, Dublin August 2015
- FUR DOESN'T HURT
- All Thumbs/ Feb 29- March 12 2016