Some of you might remember when I wrote about a commission last year to write a short film about refugees in Ireland. (thiswriterscrazylife.blogspot.ie/search?q=kasi)
Well, this is the result, produced by Stormlight Productions, Cork, directed by Donogh MacCarthy-Morrogh and starring Moncef Mansur, Marcus Bale & Hamza Fidrous. It's being launched by Jimmy Deenihan in Killarney on Thursday 7th at 7pm.
Barzakh... it's an Arabic and Persian word to encapsulate the idea of a sort of purgatory between worlds, the "isthmus" between this world and the next, and since this is a film about a refugee's journey to Ireland, from a war zone to peace - no mean feat - and then being in the limbo that is refugee life while awaiting decision on status... it fits.
It also means 'obstacle", "hindrance", "separation" or "barrier". Again, it's fitting. Sadly.
Since I can't make it down, I am looking forward to a sneak preview on Wednesday at Screen Scene on Wednesday when Final Post is complete! Can not wait to see my script realised!
- HOME PAGE
- MY WRITING CREDITS, TO DATE
- MY BOOKS: Dad's Red Dress and others
- Dad's Red Dress
- TEACHING/ CONSULTANCY CREDITS
- DAVID MAMET - ON TV WRITING
- BARZAKH - enjoying the Festival Circuit
- GILL DENNIS - TIPS FROM A MASTER
- WULFIE....the series
- PUNKY... International Award Winner!
- CREATIVES IN ANIMATION NETWORK
- ALL THUMBS: "Weird, creepy, hilarious..."
- THEATRE CREDITS
- GAMES/ APPS.... An exciting new writing field!
- FRIED EGGS; Dublin, Galway, London