It was a blast - lovely turps-heady room on the second floor of the GMIT CCAM building on the Monivea Road with a host of participants keen to learn. I fired all sorts of information at them, taking my lead from what they wanted and trying to distil years of material into a short two hour burst.
Delighted to be making my Cuirt debut this year, on the same page as author and editor Claire Hennessy no less! After a busy Winter teaching in Filmbase, DCU, Maynooth Uni and lots of Kildare libraries, I am really excited to be giving my first Galway workshops and hope the rooms are packed!
I'll be giving two screenwriting workshops, at 12.30 and 1.30 in GMIT on the Monivea Road. (Lab 2 on the 1st Floor.) Both are free and both have a different focus.
The first workshop will focus on tips and survival notes for writers taken from over 20 years experience in the industry, from the business end to the creative.
The second is on Visual Storytelling. Making your script come alive on the page and in the mind of the reader, I will look at every aspect of the scene from sound, colour, texture, location, dialogue, behaviour, using what is unique in your experience of life.
It'll be a pretty packed hour!
- HOME PAGE
- Dad's Red Dress... on Amazon and in its first bookshop
- THEATRE CREDITS
- MY WRITING CREDITS, TO DATE
- PUNKY... International Award Winner!
- WULFIE....the series
- WULFIE ANIMATION Ltd
- CREATIVES IN ANIMATION NETWORK
- THE PERFECT MAN
- GAMES/ APPS.... An exciting new writing field!
- GILL DENNIS - TIPS FROM A MASTER
- TEACHING/ CONSULTANCY CREDITS
- BARZAKH - enjoying the Festival Circuit
- DAVID MAMET - ON TV WRITING
- SALT ON OUR SKIN
- MONKEY PUZZLE TREE
- BY MR FARQUHAR - stage play
- CANDLEMIST... the journey of my new book
- FRIED EGGS - London April 2017, Galway June 2016, Dublin August 2015
- FUR DOESN'T HURT
- All Thumbs/ Feb 29- March 12 2016