Wednesday 25 May 2011

Day 7: Distracted by Dog, Daughter and the Addams Family

Three chapters done but it's not enough. So why am I reading The Addams Family script. 'Cos it's brilliant and funny. (I'm choosing to stick my head in the sand about the fact that this script is the 11th revision because that tells me how much pain, heartache, frustration has gone into this great script.)

Take this for a line:

MORTICIA, to Gomez
Last night, you were... unhinged.
You were like some desperate,
howling demon. You frightened me.
Do it again.

I need to get three more chaps at least marked up before I finish. The backdrop is a child dressing a dog like a pirate/ belly dancer/ Turkish horse trader... Which means odd dressing up garments all over the house, a little cinnamon dog fleeing under my chair for protection and a frustrated artist chasing her with a golden camera.

Three more chapters. Three. More. Chapters.

Then I can join in the chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment