"A man sitting in the stars has nothing to reach..."
Yup, my daughter, newly-12 is coining proverbs. This is her favourite though.
I'm thinking it connects back to the verse my mother used to quote at me if I ever moaned - and which I have therefore levied on my poor daughter from time to time - and which is so, so true:
Two men looked out through prison bars
One saw mud, the other saw stars.
Not that you're ever able to always control or avoid those days when the mud seeps in between your toes and splatters down your neck from a height but it gives hope that those days will pass; that if you can look for the bright yellow of a dandelion growing through a crack in the pavement, then everything will level out again and even become good.
- HOME PAGE
- Dad's Red Dress... on Amazon and in its first bookshop
- THEATRE CREDITS
- MY WRITING CREDITS, TO DATE
- PUNKY... International Award Winner!
- WULFIE....the series
- WULFIE ANIMATION Ltd
- CREATIVES IN ANIMATION NETWORK
- THE PERFECT MAN
- GAMES/ APPS.... An exciting new writing field!
- GILL DENNIS - TIPS FROM A MASTER
- TEACHING/ CONSULTANCY CREDITS
- BARZAKH - enjoying the Festival Circuit
- DAVID MAMET - ON TV WRITING
- SALT ON OUR SKIN
- MONKEY PUZZLE TREE
- BY MR FARQUHAR - stage play
- CANDLEMIST... the journey of my new book
- FRIED EGGS - London April 2017, Galway June 2016, Dublin August 2015
- FUR DOESN'T HURT
- All Thumbs/ Feb 29- March 12 2016