Director Donogh MacCarthy- Morrogh started shooting a short film I wrote last November in Cork at the weekend. Called Barzakh, it was commissioned by the Killarney Asylum Seekers Initiative and the difficulty inherent in the project was to find a way to tell just one of hundreds of human stories that would highlight even some of the issues refugees to Ireland face, in a way that was visually, dramatically, emotionally moving -- but that absolutely stood on its own as a memorable dramatic short.
The photos of last weekend's shoot look great -- especially fascinating as the film starts in Afghanistan! It's a tight schedule - the rest should be shot at the end of this week/ through the weekend but it's looking good.
Exciting! It's 14 years since I witnessed a short film of mine come to life!
- HOME PAGE
- Dad's Red Dress... on Amazon and in its first bookshop
- THEATRE CREDITS
- MY WRITING CREDITS, TO DATE
- PUNKY... International Award Winner!
- WULFIE....the series
- WULFIE ANIMATION Ltd
- CREATIVES IN ANIMATION NETWORK
- THE PERFECT MAN
- GAMES/ APPS.... An exciting new writing field!
- GILL DENNIS - TIPS FROM A MASTER
- TEACHING/ CONSULTANCY CREDITS
- BARZAKH - enjoying the Festival Circuit
- DAVID MAMET - ON TV WRITING
- SALT ON OUR SKIN
- MONKEY PUZZLE TREE
- BY MR FARQUHAR - stage play
- CANDLEMIST... the journey of my new book
- FRIED EGGS - London April 2017, Galway June 2016, Dublin August 2015
- FUR DOESN'T HURT
- All Thumbs/ Feb 29- March 12 2016